Sunday, July 15, 2012

Peace

I don't know about you, but I LOVE it when God speaks to me through a sermon! This morning, Pastor Dan was preaching on peace. He reminded us that the apostle Paul tells us not to "worry about nothing; instead pray about everything." (Philippians 4:6)

Well, I've been a little worried about being able to afford this trip. Pastor Dan also told us this morning that only 8% of our worries are actually something to worry about; 92% of them are out of our control or are too unlikely to occur. I felt like God was speaking to me this morning! There's no need to worry about anything on this trip! However, I should be praying about it for sure.

And I have been praying, and I will continue to do so! Will you join me in praying for the Sisters of Zambia? Our names are all posted in the right column of the blog.

I know God hears our prayers, and I'm certain He's heard mine about my Zambia trip. I've gotten another two appointments to raise money for the trip, and a lovely, wonderful, dear friend of ours has offered to pay for my passport! Praise be to God!

It's hard to have peace if we're worried. If there's something going on in your life that has you worried, remember the words of the apostle Paul. I know that's advice I surely need to take, too! Pray for me, and I'll be praying for everyone who reads this blog as well.

Peace be with you!
Dallas
SOZ-in-Training


P.S. I've changed my computer background because I'm so excited about Zambia. Can you tell? :)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this Peaceful message. I needed to be reminded of this. Good luck on your SOZ journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I need to be reminded of this often!! Thank you for reading and commenting - my first comment! It made me so happy :)

      Delete