Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Trip Itinerary

Hello, dear readers and prayer partners!

Now that I'm an official SOZ-in-Training, I thought I'd tell you a little bit about the trip we'll be taking next summer.

My last day of postplanning for the upcoming school year is May 20th. The other five Sisters and I will fly out on May 23rd and arrive on May 24th. The flight is, I think, 16 hours. We will have a 3-hour layover in Heathrow, then fly directly to Lusaka. Saturday, the 25th, is the big open air market. I'm looking forward to exploring all the treasures I can pick up there!

While in Lusaka, we will be teaching and playing with the children at the House of Moses, Learning Center of Joy, and House of Martha. We will spend several days there. Then, we will travel about 3.5 hours away to Siavonga and spend a few days teaching the children living at the Namumu Orphanage. Just to give you an idea of the children we'll serve: the children at the House of Moses are infants to toddlerhood, children living at House of Martha are 4 years-12 years in age, and Namumu Orphanage is for children who are of school age, including middle and high school students.

Circled in red are Lusaka (top) and Siavonga (bottom)

We'll spend the last part of our trip on a traditional African safari. So exciting!

We will fly back home on June 6th (early that morning) and we'll have another layover in London, this time for 21 hours. I'll get to explore a city I've always wanted to visit, if only for a little bit! We will arrive back home late on June 7th.

I am looking forward to blessing these children by teaching them and showing them the love of my Savior. I am looking forward to being blessed by the love I'm sure I'll feel coming from those children. I'm looking forward to the growing I'm sure God has in store for me. Like I said before, I've never left the US before, so this is a BIG trip for me! However, I can't deny God's call for me, no matter how nervous I am or how foreign all of this will be.

I'm terrified of flying - so please keep my flights in your prayers! I also ask that you pray for the children living in these homes in Zambia. The Namumu Orphanage has a theme verse from the Bible, and I'll end the post by sharing it here:

James 1:27a Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress...


Blessings in Christ,
Dallas
SOZ-in-Training

Click the links to read more about House of Martha and Namumu Orphanage.


No comments:

Post a Comment