Saturday, September 15, 2012

It Came! It Came!

I got home today from a long, hot day on the square at two different arts festivals to find THIS in my mailbox!


How exciting! It seems like we JUST sent the paperwork off yesterday! 

Being a nerdy social studies teacher, I L-O-V-E the fact that there are all sorts of patriotic quotes on the inside by famous Americans. I'm getting all geeked out over my passport!

I'm also pumped about the fact that my Yankee Candle fundraising catalogs are here. I've got 5 pages of order forms, people, so get out your checkbooks ;) 

What's great about this fundraiser is that for every item I sell, I get to keep 40% to go to my Zambia fund. So that means for every jar candle that someone purchases for $25, I get to deposit $10 in my account at the church! So, I just need to sell about 300 candles ;) Just kidding! But every candle sold puts me a little closer to spreading the love of my Savior and acting as His hands and feet. 

If you want to browse my brochure and you're local, just let me know. If you don't want to buy a candle, but you want to support this trip, I'll be more than happy to zip over the tax deductible form for you to send in a donation to the church. I'm relying on God to help me provide for this trip, so if you are reading this and feel like you want to help out financially, get in touch with me and I'll be happy to give you details for donating.

For EVERYONE reading this blog, those who can afford to donate and those who cannot, I am also requesting your prayers. Now that the passport is here, this trip is feeling even more real to me! I truly covet your prayers for my preparations, my travel, and my teaching while I am with the children of Zambia.

Thanks for keeping up with the journey so far! I can't wait to fill you in as we get even closer! May 2013 - that's just 8 months away!!!

Love in Christ,
Dallas
SOZ-in-Training

No comments:

Post a Comment